Supporting International Opportunities for the Saskatchewan Tech Sector
- Innovation Saskatchewan hosted a webinar (panel discussion and feedback session) for the Saskatchewan tech sector. Our goal was to share international opportunities and supports available through the Federal Government's Trade Commissioner Service, Saskatchewan's International Trade & Investment Offices, and the Saskatchewan Trade & Export Partnership. The speakers included:
- Reynolds Lauer – Trade Commissioner – Global Affairs Canada
- Kendra Warner – Director International Policy – Government of Saskatchewan
- Andrew Doan – Trade Specialist – Saskatchewan Trade and Export Partnership
- Andrew Wahba (Moderator) – Director – Innovation Saskatchewan
Unicorn on the Prairies
- Sean O'Connor and Gordon Pitts sat down to discuss the #sktech ecosystem. They also discussed Gordon's book, Unicorn in the Woods, which asks whether there can be a place for high-tech innovation and unicorn-like value creation outside of major urban centres, whether in Atlantic Canada, rust-belt New York, or Northern Ontario.