Marketing & Communications Consultant
Come join a unique team with a mission to foster innovation and technology in Saskatchewan!
Innovation Saskatchewan requires a creative, highly skilled, and motivated marketing and communications professional to develop, implement and evaluate marketing, digital and social media strategies on a broad range of initiatives. The position offers the challenge of a fast-paced environment and the satisfaction of amplifying Saskatchewan’s innovation and technology sectors.
Reporting to the Director, Strategic Marketing & Communications, you will assist with managing social media accounts; developing content; researching and writing marketing and digital strategies; organizing events and/or tradeshow involvement; desktop publishing; writing speaking notes and news releases, and other duties as required.
You will have demonstrated knowledge of strategic marketing and communication principles and practices, social media channel management, website content management systems, graphic design, and writing. Videography-related knowledge and experience would be an asset. You will be a consultative team player with good interpersonal skills who can also function with initiative and independence. You will be reliable, proactive, organized, attentive to detail and flexible in order to respond quickly and positively in a fast-paced work environment.
Typically, the knowledge and abilities required for this position would have been gained through a degree in marketing, communications, journalism, new media or other related degree plus 4-6 years related work experience.
You will have knowledge of:
- social media strategy, channel management, social media trends, best practices, and their effective use in a business setting.
- website principles, best practices, and content management systems.
- social media and web analytics.
- Office 365 and related applications.
- graphic design principles.
- video best practices and basic video editing.
- marketing and communication techniques, methods, standards, mediums, equipment and software.
- Conducting research and analysis relating to strategic priorities and provide recommendations and advice to leadership.
You will have the demonstrated ability to:
- write and edit communications material including news releases, social media content, web copy, reports and publications, Q&A, scripts, presentations, advertising, marketing materials and speeches that support agency programs and services.
- ensure measurement and evaluation tools are integrated into initiatives to determine effectiveness of communications programs and create plans to improve results.
- work independently and participate as a contributing member of a team to ensure goals and objectives are met.
- evaluate and implement new technology, including social media and CMS programs.
- Take on other duties and responsibilities as required.
Please apply with your resume and cover letter at www.saskatchewan.ca (click here) no later than Aug 2, 2021.