Connecting Government and Startup Technology Companies
Are you a Saskatchewan-based technology company with a product that could improve the delivery of a Government of Saskatchewan service? If so, this is the program for you!
The Made in Saskatchewan Technology Program (MIST) connects the Provincial Government to Saskatchewan technology-based companies whose products may improve Government service delivery. Companies successful in the program are awarded a contract of up to $30,000 to have their technology piloted by the Government Ministries, Agencies and Crown Corporations.
Who is this for?
This program is open to technology companies that meet the following criteria:
- Saskatchewan based;
- Annual revenue under $500,000;
- 30 employees or less;
- Technology is ready to be implemented; and
- Company has the capacity to work with Government.
How does the program work?
- Saskatchewan-based technology companies submit their application form to Innovation Saskatchewan.
- Innovation Saskatchewan will assess the company to ensure that they meet the basic program criteria.
- An independent advisory panel will then review the application and provide IS with a technology readiness assessment.
- Innovation Saskatchewan will work with eligible companies to determine applicable Government partners for its solution.
- Government partners will decide to enter into a pilot project and contract with the company.
- Successful companies are awarded a six-month pilot project and contract up to $30,000.
- After the pilot project, the Ministry can end the contract or enter into a new one.
- A company can receive up to 3 MIST pilot projects.
- The maximum payment through MIST is a combined total of $30,000 over a company's lifetime.
- Example of potential MIST agreements include:
- one $30,000 pilot project;
- two $15,000 pilot project; or,
- three $10,000 pilot projects.
How to Apply
*Please ensure you download the PDF prior to filling it out.
Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can be submitted at any time.