To Claim a Tax Credit
Step 1: Receive a tax credit certificate from Innovation Saskatchewan.
Step 2: File your personal or corporate income tax return for the year in which the investment was made.
Step 3: Once you have received a Notice of Assessment from the Canada Revenue Agency, complete an STSI Claim Form. Use the button below to access the form:
Step 4: Submit the following documents to the Ministry of Finance:
- Tax Credit Certificate(s) as issued by Innovation Saskatchewan;
- STSI Claim Form; and,
- Notice of Assessment from the Canada Revenue Agency
Step 5: The Ministry of Finance will verify the claim and provide a rebate calculation in accordance with the program legislation.
STSI Claim Forms and supporting documentation may be emailed or mailed to:
Ministry of Finance
PO Box 200
REGINA SK S4P 1Z6
Processing Time for STSI Claim Forms:
- The Ministry of Finance is committed to processing STSI claims according to the Taxpayer Service Commitments and Standards Code.
- To obtain a refund, an investor is required to provide complete and accurate information regarding their claim.
- Once a refund amount has been established, it will be processed within 21 business days.
- If your refund is not processed within 21 business days, please contact the Program Administrator at email@example.com.
- If your refund claim is denied, you will be notified of the reason by letter.