To Claim a Tax Credit
Receive a tax credit certificate from Innovation Saskatchewan.
File your personal or corporate income tax return for the tax year in which the investment was made.
Once you have received a Notice of Assessment from the Canada Revenue Agency, complete an STSI Claim Form:
Submit the following documents to the Ministry of Finance:
- Tax Credit Certificate(s) as issued by Innovation Saskatchewan;
- STSI Claim Form; and,
- Notice of Assessment from the Canada Revenue Agency
STSI Claim Forms and supporting documentation must be emailed to STSI.firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ministry of Finance will verify the claim and provide a rebate calculation in accordance with the program legislation.
Processing Time for STSI Claim Forms:
The Ministry of Finance is committed to processing STSI claims according to the Taxpayer Service Commitments and Standards Code. To obtain a refund, an investor is required to provide complete and accurate information regarding their claim.
Once a refund amount has been established, it will be processed within 21 business days. If your refund is not processed within 21 business days, please contact the Program Manager at email@example.com.
If your refund claim is denied, you will be notified of the reason by letter.
Unused credits may be carried forward. The length of the claiming period is dependent on when the investment was made:
- The credits for investments made between April 1, 2018, and December 31, 2020, can be claimed over a 4 year period.
- Year one is the Applicable Taxation Year stated on the certificate (i.e., the tax year in which the investment was made). Investors will have another 3 years after that to claim their credit.
- The credits for investments made after January 1, 2021, can be claimed over a 7-year period.
- Year one is the Applicable Taxation Year stated on the certificate (i.e., the tax year in which the investment was made). Investors will have another 6 years after that to claim their credit.